Date: Saturday, May 28th, 2022 at 8 p.m.
Place: La Mola Fortress (Fronts 9 and 10)
Sea Cruise Station (Port Maó)
The distance of the race is 10 miles (16.090 kilometres).
Download the route on OpenRunner
The online deadline for registrations will be the May 26th, 2021
Last-minute registrations, if possible, will be available at the race number collection area: Decathlon Maó – Menorca Shop, Av. d’Europa, 3 –07714 Maó, on Friday May 27th, 2022 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The minimum age to take part in the 10 MILES MAÓ CITY race is 18 years old on the day of the race.
– Until April 30th, 2022 – €20 + €1 insurance for non-federated runners (+€2 chip rental*)
– From May 1st to 26th, 2022 – €25 + €1 insurance for non-federated runners (+€2 chip rental *)
– Last-minute registration** – €35 + €1 insurance for non-federated runners (+€2 chip rental *)
*Participants who do not own a chip must rent a white chip when registering (€2), which will be provided to them when they collect their race number. (Don’t forget to return the chip on finish line.)
** Only face-to-face registrations will be made if there are spots available on May 27, 2022.
• Registration for the race is personal and non-transferable.
• No registration will be valid without the receipt issued by the organisation.
• For any incident, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
In this edition, € 2 from each inscription will be allocated to the AECC- Spanish Association against Cancer.
Registration refund policy:
- Until April 15th, 2022 REFUND of 50% of the registration is possible.
- From April 16th to May 15 th, 2022 REFUND of 30% of the registration is possible.
- From May 16th, 2021 no refunds will be possible under any circumstance.
If for any reason, contrary to the will of the Organization: health pandemics, terrorist acts, climatic circumstances, traffic accidents or cuts in sections of circuits, denial of government authorization for any cause or pretext, etc., the race cannot be carried out on the scheduled date, at the request of the participant, the Organization will refund 75% of the registration fee. The remaining 25% will remain in the possession of the organization to cover the management costs of each participant, such as bank fees, insurance, preparation of race numbers or other expenses incurred for the registration.
If the race is postponed, the participant may also choose to save the total amount of their registration and keep it open for the new date.
EXCEPTIONAL RULES DUE TO COVID-19
All participants, al all times, must protect themselves and others from possible infections of COVID-19, so that while moving in the designated areas of race numbers collection, transfers, access to start line and later in the post-finish area, they will use an approved mask and will wear it properly placed. They will obligatorily maintain, whenever possible, the safety distance of 1.5 meters of separation with the other participants, organizational staff, public, etc.
Failure to comply with these requirements, the organization could make decisions such as not letting you participate in the event.
It is also reported that some points of these regulations may be modified to follow the safety rules set by the health authorities, at the time of the race.
WITHDRAWAL OF NUMBERS IN:
Decathlon Maó – Menorca Shop, Av. d’Europa, 3 – 07714 Maó
– Friday May 27th from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. – collection of number and last-minute registration.
– Saturday May 28th from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Collection of numbers (This day there will be no last-minute registrations).
Maritime Station of Maó (FINISH LINE)
– Saturday May 28th from 4 – 4.45 p.m. – Collection of numbers (This day there will be no last-minute registrations).
To collect your race number, you must have an official ID document (ID, passport, driver’s license).
To collect the number, federated athletes will have to provide the original copy of their license. If your federation does not provide you with a license document, you must provide a certificate from the corresponding federation. Only athletics federated members are allowed.
The participant unable to go in person to withdraw their number may authorise another person. There is a form download here which the authorised person must bring, duly filled out, along with their ID card and a photocopy of the participant’s ID. This document can be downloaded from the web or in the registration confirmation mail.
TRANSPORT OF PARTICIPANTS:
- The organization will make available to the participants, a shuttle service to the starting line, upon request when filling out the registration form.
- All participants will enter the bus with the ticked given to them by the organization when picking up their documentation.
- The bus for the 10 Miles race will depart at 5 p.m., from the parking Martime Stations of Maó.
- The starting line of the 10 Miles, in the Fortaleza La Mola, has parking for private cars, however it is useful to know that the road to la Mola will be closed from 5 p.m. and in case someone does not leave the Mola before the start, then should wait after the race line.
- The organization strongly recommends using the free transportation (for participants only) that is provided for this purpose as the road will suffer major traffic restrictions, from the Finish line to both Starting Lines. Also, we remember that there will be no bus service back from the finish line to La Mola.
- At the starting area, there will be a cloakroom service available for bags to keep participating athletes’ belongings safe.
- The bag must be closed and identified with the label that will be provided by the organisation, together with the number. Only one bag per participant is allowed.
- The cloakroom will remain open until 15 minutes before the race (4.45 p.m.). Participants are encouraged to attend the race only with the items that are strictly necessary.
- The organisation is not responsible for any personal belongings left in the cloakroom.
All belongings must be collected before 8:30 p.m. on the day of the rac